[texworks] Shortcuts for Scripts (was: UPDATE: New Windows version - please test)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 16:43:34 CET 2010

Hi,

On 2010-11-27 12:14, Johannes Heck wrote:
> Will it be possible to configure the accelerators for those scripts?
> German users, e.g., are more familiar to use CTRL+SHIFT+F for
> switching to bold font style instead of CTRL+SHIFT+B.

Yes and no. There is currently no mechanism to do this from the program
itself (i.e., there is no shortcut manager or something). This is
planned for the future, but involves a lot of changes everywhere in the
code, so it's rather a long-term project. That's the no part.

As for the yes part: if you open the script file, you can add and/or
alter the "Shortcut" header field to suit your needs. Unfortunately, the
header fields are not locale-aware at the moment, so you can't specify a
different shortcut depending on the language of the user interface. For
shortcuts, however, I doubt that it would be particularly useful,
though, to have shortcuts that depend on other settings.

HTH