[texworks] Printing

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 20:24:51 CET 2010

Hi,

On 2010-11-22 18:31, BPJ wrote:
> Would it be possible to make a script which just tells the system to
> print the output file with ghostscript?  Since there is a
> checkbox "Allow scripts to run system commands" in Edit >
> Preferences > Scripts I guess it would.  That would be very useful
> indeed. As it is now I have to keep opening/closing the output
> file in some pdf viewer, which is kind of tedious.  While the TW
> preview is useful, it can't replace a printout for checking the fine
> details.  I also have a vision condition which makes it
> harder to use the TW previewer magnifier, and to get an idea
> what the whole page looks like from the screen.

As long as you can work out the details of calling ghostscript it should
be no problem to write such a script. Note, though, that it won't be
able to provide you with a nice dialog to specify the printer, page
ranges, etc. Since all that has to be put in the command line to call
ghostscript, this would generally be hard coded in the script. As such,
this would be very useful if you always want to do the same (e.g., print
the whole document to a single printer), but wouldn't be very helpful to
the general public. Of course, you can make things more elaborate, e.g.
by asking the user for a page range to print, etc., though, if you
really want to.

What operating system do you use, anyway?

HTH