[texworks] Open in default viewer question

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 06:33:08 CET 2010

Hi David,

That Information message box is caused by something that I think a
patch has been prepared for to stop that happening [DEVL - for pdf
preview as well?]. It is a relic from the early development of script
integration.

If I recall correctly at present code 1024 is issued upon a script
successfully finishing.

That causes an OK message to be sent forward.

If you are willing to edit that script, you can add one simple
statement to suppress  the OK message box in the meanwhile. This would
work for any other script that happens in as well.

A)
>From your main TexWorks menu in the previewer, choose:

          Menu://Scripts/Scripting TeXWorks/Manage Scripts

In the list that opens up double click on "Open in default viewer"

This should launch your default .js  editor. If that does not happen
use the ...

OR - B)
>From your main TexWorks menu in the previewer, choose:

          Menu://Scripts/Scripting TeXWorks/Show Scripts Folder

Then right click on     launchPdf.js     and chose an edit programme
or just open it in a simple text editor (preferably not a
word-processor - if you do make sure you save it as plain text.)

After EITHER  A or B)

Below all the other writing, add a line and just type one of  these
two statements:

  undefined;

                    or type

  null;

Save the text and close.

Next time you run the script "Open in default viewer" in your normal
way, it should not trouble you with that OK message box again.

Paul