[texworks] Message from TeXworks User(Miktex)

Christopher Davis davis at math.uci.edu
Thu Oct 28 18:30:06 CEST 2010

Hello,

(I have Windows 7 and am using texworks Version 0.3 (r514) miktex 2.8.)

I'm trying to switch from texniccenter to texworks.  The latex side of
texworks seems perfect, but on my notebook screen and with my eyesight,
the pdf output is illegible unless I manually enlarge the window.  I'm
trying to use another pdf viewer, probably sumatrapdf.  This almost works
automatically, but every time I compile my tex file, the texworks
pdfviewer reappears.  Is there some way to suppress that?

I've tried using the "launchPdf.js" script (which as far as I can tell
contains only the line "TW.app.launchFile(TW.target.fileName);").  It does
show up on my scripts menu, but I receive:  "ReferenceError:  TW is not
defined".  Did I not copy the correct js file?  I retrieved it from
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/browse/trunk/res/resfiles/scripts/launchPdf.js

I appreciate any suggestions.  I'm optimistic about texworks.  I recently
switched from os x, where I used aquamacs+auctex+skim and am hoping to
find a combination on windows that I like as much.

Thank you,
-Chris Davis