[texworks] message from TeXworks user(MiKTeX)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Mon Aug 23 17:25:47 CEST 2010

Le 22 août 2010 à 21:25, marksaul at earthlink.net a écrit :

> I am using MiKTex to write an article.  Now I want to mail a .pdf file produced by MiKTeX to a reviewer.
>
> I'm in the preview panel, and I click on 'print', then 'print to file'.  Then "Apply", then "Print".  I get a window asking 'output file name'.
>
> [...]
>
> It doesn't seem to make a difference what file name I enter.  Nor whether I print from the preview panel or the source code panel.  Same events occur.

If you're seeing something in the Preview window, then this means a PDF file has already been generated. This file is what the Preview window is showing. The window title bar should contain the name of the file, and it should have been generated in the same directory as your .tex input file.

In summary, no need to print to a file, the PDF is already there.

Bruno Voisin