[texworks] Scripting: import libraries, retrieving saving text. web location, Api

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 07:51:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

I would really appreciate getting some clarity on the whole scripting
area please.  Here are just a few things...

  1. Did we finally agree to do a C++ Script function for file
getText() mechanism?

  2. I have been holding off doing my own mechanism for importing
QtScript function libraries thinking about these things

      a)  where they can be placed
      b) naming conventions (perhaps our initails  or something as a
prefix on the file names? Mine would be e.g.:    pan_someting.js )
      c) I have found eval() is being used around the place in other
projects using EMCA script for library imports
      d) Are there core libraries to be maintained by the Tw project?

 3. Where do we stand on some sort of saveText() ?

 4.   http://twscript.paulanorman.com/   -   I'm happy to - and will
host/ put a page up with such Tw Scripting information etc as I have,
but ...

 5. If anyone has any further information on  things realting to the
TwScript Api, could they please forward to me anything they have?