[texworks] Hard wrapping problem

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 09:55:43 CEST 2010

 Hi,

Am 2010-07-22 22:05, schrieb Thomas Strahm:
> I have a problem with texworks and hardwrapping: I have specified the
> line length to be 65 and am expecting an automatic hard wrap after 65
> characters when I type a line. But it does not work and the line is
> only wrapped at the border of the window.

Hard wrapping (currently) doesn't work dynamically. That is, if you
click "OK" in the hard wrap dialog, all it does it wrap the current text
(or selection) by inserting newline characters at the appropriate
position. All changes you make later are not automatically hard-wrapped.
Note, however, that the hard wrap dialog has a "rewrap" option which
allows you to re-wrap a paragraph that was previously hard-wrapped and
then changed.

HTH