[texworks] Cached version of .sty being used?

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 03:37:50 CEST 2010

Hi All!

Have a problem that would appear to be probably casued by other
processes, but never happened before I used TeXWorks.

Back in the day when using the comand line for compiling my LaTeX
documents this never happened to my knowledge/that I noticed.

I am floating the issue here in case any one else has noticed it or
encounters it simetime.

Yesterday I made repeated changes to an .sty and they were never
reflected in the output .pdf, either poplar or acrobat reader.

I checeked the date stamp on the .sty and it was updating with ewach
save, I even monitored it from another editor, and the changes were in
the saved version.

But were never used in the re-made .pdf.

I deleted all auxilary files, deleted the generated .pdf to force
visible regenreation, all to no effect.

In the end I closed and re-opened TeXWorks and all was finally working.

Hence I see some possible connection to Tw editor, and the processes
it spawns to compile .pdfs

Thought to post on it in case over time any one notices anything simillar.


More information about the texworks mailing list