[texworks] PDF support for not-synctex compilers

Peter Ryder peter at pryder.de
Mon May 31 13:40:57 CEST 2010

On 27.05.2010 21:08, Helge Kruse wrote:
> I use TeXworks for my LaTeX works as well as for editing Lilypond
> scores. That works fine in general. But the PDF viewer does not close
> the PDF file and it is locked until the PDF viewer is closed.
>
> Since Lilypond does not has any idea what synctex is, it fails to
> write the next PDF file.
>
> Would it be possible to close the PDF file (not necessarily the
> viewer) when the Typeset is started?
>
> Regards,
> Helge

I have exactly the same problem. Under Windows 7 I get the message
expression (delete-file pdf-name):

C:/Program Files
(x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/backend-library.scm:115:15: Permission
denied

I know of course that TeXworks was designed expressly for TeX, but
perhaps there is an easy way round this problem.

Peter.

--
Professor Peter Ryder, Joseph-Ressel-Str. 7, 28357 Bremen, Germany
Tel. +49 421274953, mobile +49 1636284953