[texworks] Using TeXworks with the keyboard

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Tue May 25 22:46:23 CEST 2010

Hi!

Helge Kruse a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> editing text with a LaTeX editor should be a natural thing. And it
> works well with the keyboard. Unfortunately I need the mouse to use
> the menus of TeXworks. When I press alt-f, the character f is inserted
> in the document. Pressing and releasing alt moves the focus to the
> menu bar. Here I can navigate with the arrow keys and use the menu.
>
> Would it be possible to change TeXworks to support the usual keyboard
> shortcuts like alt-f for file menu and alt-e for edit menu and so on?
The so called "accelerators" are not yet implemented.
I did prepare a French translation of the system which includes them.
I also have an English translation file with the accelerators, but both
files are for a newer version (I use 649)

I am just waiting for a decision from Jonathan (and instructions) to
create the accelerators in the .ui files or ...

Unfortunately, for the next four weeks I'll be out to Africa and will
not be able to do much (at least I think so); I am not even sure I'll be
able to read my normal mails.

Alain