[texworks] texworks Digest, Vol 21, Issue 49

k_imre Imre k_imre at msn.com
Mon Apr 26 06:00:31 CEST 2010

Hi Daniel,

I did what you suggested.  I  created a test.tex which contains what you wrote.  Running the Command Prompts, when I typed "test.tex <enter>", texworks appeared in a window with test.tex in it.  But there was no display window as indicated it would in the help files, as the same happened with my converted file.

Then I ran "pdflatex test.tex <enter>", again from the Command line, and the test.pdf was generated, which I could  read it with Acrobat Reader.

Next I ran "test.tex <enter>" again, and this time the display window appeared with the test.ps next to TeXworks with test.tex in it.  Apparently the first time running a program, display does not work since there is no pdf file yet.  Am I still missing something?

Thank you for your reply,

Kaya

  Message: 4