[texworks] Accelerators

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 07:29:23 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-04-19 17:49, schrieb Alain Delmotte:
> Attached a file with translations for English and French.
> Both with accelerators.
> Put the .qm files in <TWresources>/translations; and then use Preferences.

Great! It works out of the box for me (but admittedly there are no
entries for English in Preferences -> Interface locale now; this may be
related to the fact that this is in <TWresources>/translations and not
built in; I'll need to investigate this).

I like the accelerators very much. It needs some getting used to in the
beginning, but I think they are great.
A few minor issues I'd like to point out:
 * Both Forma&t and &Typeset have the same accelerator
 * Search -> &Goto &Line has two (I'd use "L", I think)
 * Window -> &Show and &Stack have the same accelerator
 * Window -> Place on Right has no accelerator

> For the future (to Jonathan): where should the accelerators for the
> English version go? In the source (.ui files?)

I'm not Jonathan, but for now I'd say that the translation file is fine.
We still have to figure out how to implement nice shortcut tables, so
this may (or may not) change a few things. But until then, I think we
should leave the source alone if we can.

> Comments!

Thanks for the great work.