[texworks] Feature request: Window Menu show asterisk beside unsaved file names

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 12:24:15 CEST 2010

I wrote the last message thinking about user responses when they click
on the Tw menu: Help/"email to the mailing list",

I assume that someting like

mailto:tw at rw.com?subject=Message%20From%20TexWorks%20User

Is going on here, I have found that can bring a lot of stuff in with
unfoimratted questions, and as it also means many of the folk may
unaware that there is a searchible list of previous messages, is it
worht also having an item on the Help Menu to refer them to a page
that would introduce them to the message list, or even have a form to
be filled out to channel things a bit.

Or alternatively (quicker solution) What about adding a bit to the
call to mailto:  more can be added - try this in a browser window for
testing proof of concept, should work on most systems, definitely does
under Windows.

mailto:tw at rw.com?subject=Message%20From%20TexWorks%20User

mailto:tw at TwMadeUp.com?subject=Message%20From%20TexWorks%20User&Body=Please%20Help%20us%20help%20you%20by%20answering%20these%20questions.%0d%0a%0d%0a1.%20Your%20operating%20System:%0d%0a%0d%0a2.%20From%20Help/%20About,%20What%20is%20your%20version%20and%20revision%20number%20for%20Tw:%0d%0a%0d%0a3.%20Blah%20Blah%20

Perhaps Tw could insert the Tw release and ver number in that string?

Paul