[texworks] Odd copy/paste behavior (was: message from TeXworks user)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 19:28:11 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-04-14 13:48, schrieb Peter Hertel:
> I use the latest upgrade r.605 of TeXworks for Ubuntu 9.10. I want to
> stay with it, however, there are oddities which showed not up in the
> older Windows version. In particular, if I use the control-copy and
> control-paste feature, certain strings suddenly appear at unwanted
> positions giving rise to strange results or to compilation errors. The
> former is even worse. What has gone wrong?

Thanks for the report.

Just so I get the sequence of events right:
 * You used an old version of Tw on Windows? v0.2.3, I presume?
 * You switched to Ubuntu?
 * You use the latest upgrade there, now? From which source (the
package, or self-built)?

A few questions about the issue itself:
 * Is it reproducible in some way?
 * Are the "certain strings" those that should appear (only in another
place), are they other (meaningful) strings, or are they just random
garbage?

Regards,