[texworks] 'No SyncTex data available', Xunbuntu 9.10, TeXWorks 0.3 ver 571

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Tue Apr 6 14:44:07 CEST 2010

Hi!

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> On 5 April 2010 Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>  > Reinhard Kotucha mentioned a TeX Live network installer (I had
>  > forgotten there was one), it could provide the kind of
>  > functionality you're looking for.
>
> See:
>
>   http://tug.org/texlive/acquire.html
>
> I just looked into the TeX Live repository and all I found there were
> synctex binaries for various platforms and none of them was updated
> since last summer.  So, however you install TeX Live 2009, you always
> get version 1.2.  The sources in the Build tree of the repository
> contain bugfixes applied by Jerome (according to log entries), but
> when I compile a binary from the sources I still get something which
> claims to be version 1.2.
>
> I don't know how relevant the bugfixes are, Jerome knows best, but if
> it's helpful I could make an up-to-date executable for x86_64-linux
> availabe.  But I fear that Alain needs a Windows binary because he's
> obviously using MinGW.

No, under Windows I am using MikTeX and I have synctexing.
I use MinGW to compile TeXworks under Windows.

I was also trying Ubuntu9.10 and installed TeX Live from the web, and
synctexing is not working.
I installed TeXworks from Stefan's ppa. (r.578)
> I just downloaded Jerome's current sources and I found a file
> "synctex_parser_version.txt" which contains the string "1.9".  It's
> obviously much newer than what's in TeX Live currently.  I could try
> to create a synctex-1.9 binary for x86_64-linux if desired.
>
> Regarding Windows, it's likely that executables for Windows are more
> up-to-date here rather than in TeX Live:
>
>   http://w32tex.org/
>
> Don't know which of all these packages contains synctex.exe.
>
> It can't hurt to test the executables provided by Akira thoroughly
> because what he provides goes into TeX Live 2010.

OK I'll try, but as I am very new to Linux (Ubuntu) I'll have first to
understand how to do this.

Alain