[texworks] Missing TexWorks folder when installed with MikTex 2.8

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Mon Mar 29 14:16:13 CEST 2010

Hi!

Bruce Allison a écrit :
> Hi Alain,
> I did download and install the latest version of TeXworks.  Unfortunately,
> SyncTexing does not work when I enter "Ctrl click" in the source file or the
> pdf file.
>
> It does not seem that accents in the path are the problem.  The TexWorks
> program is in the folder suggested by the installer, and for the purposes of
> this test the source file is
> C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\My Documents\Practice TexWorks.tex.
>
> Any thoughts are welcome.  Unfortunately, I am about to give up and go back
> to WinEdt.

I can only see one reason: the typesetting is not set properly/completely.
Go to Edit/Preferences/Typesetting, select "pdflatex" if it is the one
you want to use then "edit".
You should have synctex there as in:
TeXworks synctex

If not, click "+" type "-syntex=1" and move it to have it above
$fullname, then "OK", "Ok"
Cross your fingers and test!!

If it doesn't work, I have no other idea as you are using a recent MikTeX.

Alain
> Thanks.
> Bruce

>>> Cra. Valldemossa, km. 7,5. 07071-Palma. SPAIN