[texworks] Missing TexWorks folder when installed with MikTex 2.8

Ignasi Furió ignasi.furio at uib.cat
Thu Mar 18 16:01:48 CET 2010

> Unfortunately though, there are problems with my installation of
> TeXworks.  The manual states that
> "when you start the program the first time, it creates a folder named
> TeXworks in your home folder".  This
> did not happen.  I searched the entire
> hard disk and the only folder with this name contains just the
> documentation.

MikTeX provides its own TeXworks version and it installs everithing under
C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Local Configuration\Program
Data\MiKTeX\2.8\TeXworks

Ignasi

Ignasi Furió Caldentey
Universitat de les Illes Balears
Escola Politècnica Superior
Dep. Matematiques i Informatica
Cra. Valldemossa, km. 7,5. 07071-Palma. SPAIN
tel: (34) 971.259.970    fax: (34) 971.173.003
e-mail: ignasi dot furio at uib dot cat
http://www.uib.cat