[texworks] ver 567 Scripts - Cariag/Line returns now coming back as ??

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 03:03:48 CET 2010

Dear Stefan,

Just had a repaat - so here is the information.

Its speech and quote marks, m-dashes and n-dashes when copy/pasting
from Open Office 3.1.1 ver 9420.

Worth mentioning as it is becoming more common as a draft editor.

Does this relate? When I reopen one of my master documents, it has a call for

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} % set input encoding (not needed with XeLaTeX)

As per the document template.

I get a message box when the document opens complaining that UTF--8 is
not supported it will be interpreted as  UTF-8

What is the difference between UTF (two dashes) 8 and UTF (one dash) 8?

Paul