[texworks] graphics problem

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Feb 24 22:21:26 CET 2010

On 24 February 2010 Bruno Voisin wrote:

 > Le 24 févr. 2010 à 13:43, Benny Lautrup a écrit :
 >
 > > I have now tried to output eps-files from Mathematica, and
 > > convert them on the fly with epstopdf. The problem persists with
 > > TeXworks, and not all files are embedded in the pdf-file.
 > >
 > > I do not have Ghostscript installed, so perhaps that is the problem?
 >
 > Yes, that is certainly the problem. Ghostscript is an absolute
 > requirement. Beware that the epstopdf LaTeX package is something
 > different from the epstopdf executable:

On Windows both, TeX Live and MikTeX, provide a hidden Ghostscript
which is used by programs which are part of these distributions.  On
all other platforms it's assumed that Ghostscript exists on the system
already.

TeX Live also provides a hidden Perl in order to run epstopdf while in
MikTeX the script was ported to C++ and no Perl is required.

BTW, if there is no Ghostscript, where do the PDF files come from?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25