[texworks] QT-Script support broken?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 9 14:05:45 CET 2010

On 9 Jan 2010, at 12:56, Peter Wüsten wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> either one of the last 20 revisions or so has broken QT-script support, or I have unknowingly done something stupid: Jonathan's "Make Emphasized" doesn't get executed anymore; instead the status-bar/panel on the bottom of the editor window sais
>
> Skript "Make Emphasized": ReferenceError: target [...]
>
> and the rest of that error message gets obscured by the line-indicator (line x of y; column z). The same goes for all other stand-alone scripts, both Jonathan's and my own. The hook-script "LaTeX errors" doesn't work anymore, either, only there is no error message.
>
> I'm using R.355 on Ubuntu Intrepid, with Qt 4.4.3.
>
> Is it a bug, or have I forgotten to set some newly introduced flag?
>
> Cheers, Peter

I assume you meant something like r535.....

See issue #27, comment 23. There was a change in the script syntax: "target" is now "TWTarget". So all scripts need to be updated accordingly.

(And it will probably change again soon. This is an unstable, experimental feature! Once it's a bit more stable again, I'll update the various sample scripts to match. But of course you'll still need to deal with any local copies yourself.)

JK