[texworks] texworks ubuntu package

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 10:34:11 CET 2009

Hi again,

On 2009-12-18 10:52, Jelle Huisman wrote:
> On 18/12/2009 06:27, Stefan Löffler wrote:
>> On the other hand I could remove TL completely from the list of programs
>> related to Tw. This could leave people who are fairly new to LaTeX/Tw
>> with an essentially useless program (if they only install Tw without
>> TL), however, without any possibility to easily see or fix the problem.
>> This is what the recommendations are for, anyway.
>
> I vote for removing the TL dependency by removing the TL recommendation.

I removed the recommendation in the latest version. I added TL as a
suggestion, though (seeing that TL in general is what is usually used,
but I don't recommend TL'07 ;)). At least on my Ubuntu machine, this
seems to work fine (i.e., Synaptic doesn't want to install TL from the
repositories, but suggests TL when I right-click on the Tw package).

HTH