[texworks] Show warnings and overfill boxes

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 21 15:17:10 CEST 2009

On 21 Oct 2009, at 13:59, Alain Delmotte wrote:

>>> Would it be possible to have instructions on how to use, develop,
>>> implement,... scripts?
>>
>> Eventually..... :)
> Thanks for the help to keep the manual uptodate.
> I give up!

Sorry, Alain! I wasn't meaning to be unhelpful -- of course
instructions are needed, but I don't have a lot of free time... would
it be better to not release any experimental code until I've had time
to write documentation to go with it? Past experience suggests that
even without documentation, there will be some people interested in
exploring, so I wanted to make something available for them.

In any case I think it would be premature to try and incorporate
scripting information into the manual; it's a preliminary, incomplete
experiment, and anything (or everything) about it might change. I'd
like to get a few notes on the wiki soon, for people who want to
experiment with it, but it's better (I think) to wait until we're more
sure what the eventual feature will look like before writing a proper
manual section.

The same applies to localizations, BTW: I'd suggest that for the time
being, translators shouldn't feel that it is necessary to update for
every change that gets made in the development trunk code. The
interface is likely to go through numerous revisions before we're
ready for the next actual release, so translating every new string as
soon as it appears may result in a large proportion of wasted effort,
as those strings subsequently get changed or removed. The time to
update the manual and translations will be once the feature set and
interface is largely stable for the next release.

Jonathan