[texworks] Show warnings and overfill boxes

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Tue Oct 20 18:59:47 CEST 2009

Hi!

Jonathan Kew a écrit :
> The experimental (v0.3) build includes a proof-of-concept script that
> looks for errors in the log and displays them in a summary format; you
> can then (double?)click them to go to the source at that location.
I did install the new experimental version, both using the .zip file or
the installer.
None provides scripts!! At least I didn't find them!
> Getting this to be 100% reliable is a difficult problem, though,
> because the log output isn't really designed to be machine-readable,
> and it's hard to keep track of the current input file when packages or
> other macros could also be writing arbitrary text to the console/log
> at any time. (I don't believe Alain's Lua script would be reliable in
> this regard either.)
My Lua script opens 3 sub windows (if necessary) in the log area, one
for warnings, one for errors and one for badboxes.
In each any .tex file in a "project" is listed before the errors/bad
boxes/warnings arising from it.
But the version is still 0.1r424!!
> Running the underlying tex tools with the -file-line-error option
> would help somewhat, though it would still not be completely
> foolproof. Perhaps I'll try that once the scripting support is more
> mature.
Would it be possible to have instructions on how to use, develop,
implement,... scripts?

Alain