[texworks] Problem compilings on windowsxp with mingw

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 07:36:03 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-10-19 15:50, Ignasi Furió wrote:
> I've been compiling TeXworks from sources on Mingw without any problem
> until last week. Now after mingw32-make (mingw32-make output doesn't show
> any error message, just some warnings) I obtain a TeXworks.exe but after
> clicking on it I get a message complaining about "an entrance point
> to a procedure ... into the dinamic library QtCore4.dll" (This is my
> translation from spanish).

Interesting. Since there are no errors, there's nothing wrong with the
building (or the source code, for that matter).
The quickes attempt for a solution would be to attempt a complete
rebuild. Sometimes there are some leftovers from previous builds that
are not handled correctly. To do a complete rebuild, run "mingw32-make
clean" and then your normal build procedure.

If this doesn't work:
 * I assume you tried copying the qt dlls to the folder containing the
texworks executable (as there may be clashing dll versions on your system)?
 * Did you update your system recently (e.g. new version of qt)?
 * I assume you're using KDE on Windows as lined out in the wiki guide?
 * Does "qmake --version" show the path to the right KDE on Windows folder?

> TeXworks 'official' release works without any problem but I would like
> to test the development one.

I believe Jonathan has published experimental builds as well, but
nevertheless it should be (easily) possible to build on all supported
platforms.

> I know that with this information it's impossible to help me, but let
> me know what files or results do you need
> and I will send you.

Since there are no build errors, the problem is more difficult to debug
(as there are no log files containing all information about the
problem). But see the questions above.

Best regards,