[texworks] Source of qt_ru.qw file and untranslated strings

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 08:22:46 CEST 2009

Hi.

Some time ago I was asked by Russian user about untraslated button in
Windows version of TeXworks.

I found out that the user used TeXworks from MikTeX and I advised to
download and use TeXworks from code.google.com.

Nevertheless he reported me that in TeXworks from code.google.com the
button is not translated also.

Then I remembered I faced with the save problem on Ubuntu (Karmic) and
found solution: I got qt_ru.ts file from qt.gitorious.org convert the
file into qw format and put it in
res/resfiles/translations
in TeXworks source directory.

After compilation all buttons had translation.

I have one request: next time when Windows binary will be built please
use new qt_ru.qw file.

Also it is interesting from where qt_ru.qw file which in TeXworks svn
came from?

---
WBR, Vladimir

--
"You can't teach people to be lazy - either they have it, or they don't."
		-- Dagwood Bumstead