[texworks] Update on Some help Information

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 09:53:04 CEST 2009

Dear Jonathan,
Your wish is my command :)

I have modified the configuration to meet the layout you outlined (I think).

I am looking for a simple string perhaps

       ./ .dah../.dah../index.html?\para&nasalatex

Which would for example search the Nasa Latex (off line) information for the
tag \para

      ./ .dah../.dah../index.html?font&ukfaq

Well you can guess TUG UK's Faq (offline) for the word font

case will not matter, everything -  will be treated as lowercase.

So perhaps initially these search bases:

&ukfaq
&ctantopics
&nasalatex
&texworksToc
&texworksIndex

So ..

index.html                              - would start in the TexWorks TOC
html help
index.html?\para                     - would start in the Nasa Latex looking
for \para command
index.html?color                     - would start in the UK-FAQ looking for
color
index.html?colo&ctantopics    - would start in the ctan topics looking for
colo
                                                                 (would find
colour and color)
index.html?&ctantopics           - no search word just an ampersand would
start a search base

would all be valid.

I'll treat worked on packages in a similar way.

Trying to make the whole thing easily extensible by anyone.

How does that sound?

Once open, the User can click through the different bases with their latest
search term being applied.

Ctan is my current mission, putting the offline references in place. Looking
good so far, managed to get rsync the needed files and got Graham's python
to work locally, and render the individual xml to html and a solid
monolithic xml

Feel to try and respect the fact that Ctan rely on sales of their catalogue
.pdf to keep things going, so will design  to try and not impinge on that.

Paul