[texworks] r447 breaks Qt 4.4 compatibility

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 07:43:31 CEST 2009

Hi again,

On 2009-10-06 15:43, Stefan Löffler wrote:
>> Does the presence of
>>
>>   QT += scripttools
>>
>> in the .pro file cause a problem if the QtScriptTools module isn't
>> available? I guess it should be possible to conditionalize this also,
>> if necessary, but I wasn't sure offhand what's the easiest way in qmake...
>>

> It doesn't seem to be a problem. I haven't attempted to build the new
> packages yet (can't do that form work right now), but the old build log
> only included a warning message about scripttools being unknown (see
> http://launchpadlibrarian.net/33103373/buildlog_ubuntu-intrepid-amd64.texworks_0.3.0~svn448~intrepid1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
> for the complete build log).

I did rebuild the packages now. The scripttools indeed only produced a
warning. However, on pre 4.5 versions (Ubuntu hardy and intrepid) the
build failed with several errors similar to:
src/TeXDocument.cpp:2173: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct
QHeaderView'
/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qtableview.h:51: error: forward declaration of
'struct QHeaderView'
(see
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/33201095/buildlog_ubuntu-intrepid-lpia.texworks_0.3.0~svn450~intrepid1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz)

Curiously, the 4.5 builds (Ubuntu jaunty a karmic) succeeded without
problem. Apparently, some Qt includes have changed in that version. I
patched the build system now by simply explicitly #include'ing
<QHeaderView>. I suggest you also do that in the repository. With that,
the builds succeeded (finally ;)).