[texworks] r447 breaks Qt 4.4 compatibility

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 15:43:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

Jonathan Kew schrieb:
> On 6 Oct 2009, at 08:52, Stefan Löffler wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just noticed (from a failed build of the Ubuntu packages) that r447
>> (Qt scripting) breaks Qt compatibility for all versions < 4.5. (At
>> least) The class QScriptEngineDebugger was introduced in that version.
>
> So it was. Ok, I have made this conditional on the Qt version; if you
> build with an older Qt version, the debugger won't be available.
>
> Does the presence of
>
>   QT += scripttools
>
> in the .pro file cause a problem if the QtScriptTools module isn't
> available? I guess it should be possible to conditionalize this also,
> if necessary, but I wasn't sure offhand what's the easiest way in qmake...

It doesn't seem to be a problem. I haven't attempted to build the new
packages yet (can't do that form work right now), but the old build log
only included a warning message about scripttools being unknown (see
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/33103373/buildlog_ubuntu-intrepid-amd64.texworks_0.3.0~svn448~intrepid1_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz
for the complete build log).