[texworks] Linux Application Bundle of TeXworks released

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Sep 8 19:57:13 CEST 2009

Le 8 sept. 2009 à 19:18, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> On 8 Sep 2009, at 14:47, Stefan Löffler wrote:
>
>> Regarding the subpixel rendering patch to poppler: unfortunately, it
>> doesn't look particularly good on the example document I tried. See
>> the
>> attached screenshot for a comparison between the unpatched build
>> (left)
>> and your version (right). The characters seem a bit bolder (which was
>> what you intended, if I understood you correctly), but they also
>> look a
>> bit larger.
>
> Yes, they do, but in general they look better-formed than the
> original rather spindly rendering (IMO).

In Mac OS X there is the same kind of difference between rendering of
Computer Modern by TeXworks (using Poppler) on one hand, and TeXShop
(using the built-in OS X PDF rendering libraries) and Acrobat (using
Adobe's PDF rendering libraries) on the other hand. Here's a
screenshot with TeXworks, TeXShop and Acrobat: