[texworks] Building Texworks problem on Windows

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 16:04:04 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-08-23 15:49, Mehdi Omidali wrote:
> On 8/23/09, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So the linker doesn't find (some of) the Qt libs. What files do you have
>> in C:\KDE\lib? There should be (among others) libQtXml4.a, libQtGui4.a,
>> and libQtCore4.a. If you don't have them, maybe you didn't install all
>> necessary Qt files?
>> What is strange about this is that all the Qt libs are added by qmake
>> automatically -- they're nothing you changed following the guide.
>>
> Yes, I have all those files in C:\KDE\lib

Hm, strange. The only other thing you could try I can think of is to add
the line
        LIBS += -LC:/KDE/lib
to your TeXworks.pro file. This shouldn't be necessary as qt should take
of that itself (actually, from what I gather from your log, it does;
however, it produces a string like "c:\KDE..:" (with the quotation
marks) which may confuse the linker).