[texworks] translation updates

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:47:08 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 11:36, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Just a simple question: what exactly are TeX tags?
>
> I see now that there are sections displayed in hierarchy (so basically
> table of contents in a way).
>
> Is there anything else inside TeX tags (like figures, tables, ...) or
> may I simply translate the string "Tags" to "Sections"? (So far I used
> a literal translation, but I would never associate a tag with
> "section".)

I have noticed
   ~/Library/TeXworks/configuration/tag-patterns.txt
so that answers my question I guess. These are just sections then.

I have also seen a "fixme" for tags for ConTeXt. These are the following:

% numbered
1	part
2	chapter
3	section
4	subsection
5	subsubsection
6	subsubsubsection
etc.

% unnumbered
2	title
3	subject
4	subsubject
5	subsubsubject
6	subsubsubsubject
etc.

For the numbered ones it should be possible to simply take the strings
from LaTeX (there's no star allowed, but that's OK). I guess that the
regex should be the same as in LaTeX.

In some special cases the syntax is \section{number}{title}, but
that's rare enough to be ignored.

Mojca

PS: when clicking on a section and then pressing arrow down, I
expected going to next section, but cursor stays in editor.