[texworks] German translation updates

thomas.floeren at mac.com thomas.floeren at mac.com
Wed Jul 8 20:54:15 CEST 2009

On Jul 8, 2009, at 5:49 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Am 08.07.2009 um 16:22 schrieb Stefan Löffler:
>
>> Steffen Wolfrum schrieb:
>>> Jonathan: way did you make it grayed out?
>>> In my opinion it does make sense to perform a search in a selected
>>> area
>>> sometimes only up to the end and the other time running around!
>>
>> When you have selected text, there usually is no notion of a cursor
>> position (well, there is one, but the cursor is usually either at the
>> beginning or at the end). AFAIK, there's no way to first select,
>> say, a
>> paragraph, and then move the cursor into that paragraph without
>> destroying the selection.
>

> Oh, obviously I mixed too much and wrote something completely
> confused ;o)
>

> What I ment was this:
>
> In the japanese editor jeditx (see screenshot attached to my
> previous email) the two descriptions HOW and WHERE to perform a
> search/replace
> - either using "wrap around" or not, using "search all" or not,
> using "search backwards" or not
> - and the distinction between either searching in a selection or the
> entire document
> stand side-by-side.
>
> Looking at the FindDialog of TexWorks I didn't understand why by
> choosing one option some options are grayed out.
>

> For example:
>
> Doesn't it make sense to perform a "search/replace all" some time
> only in a selected area and the other time in the entire document?!

Maybe I misunderstand your question, but when I want to search in the
selected area I check "Search in selection", when I want to search in
the whole document I check "Wrap around", don’t you?
IMO it’s completely coherent to gray out the "wrap around" when you
have checked "selection". The result of "wrap around" should always be
searching-the-whole-document, because "wrap around" (normally) is
related to the end and beginning of the document, not of the
selection. If you select some text and check "search in selection"
it’s implicit that you want to search only inside the selection *and*
search the *whole* selection, and not e.g. from a virtual insert
marker position to the end of the selection.
Backwards or Forwards options should be enabled all the time; in case
of a 'selection search' of course it should mean "search from the end
of the selection"/"search from the beginning of the selection".

> Steffen

Thomas