[texworks] Icon

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 5 13:26:02 CEST 2009

On 5 Jul 2009, at 11:10, Stefan Löffler wrote:

> Hi Norbert,
>
> On 2009-07-05 11:45, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> On So, 05 Jul 2009, Stefan Löffler wrote:
>>
>>> of creating one. Since I haven't seen anything since, I thought that
>>> maybe the process is started by presenting a first idea.
>>>

>> Thanks a lot for your work!!!
>>
>> One question: Can I already use that icon converted to .ico format
>> for
>> our TeX works on Windows in TeX Live 2009, so that people get an
>> icon?
>>

>> From my side, sure. I have no idea what Jonathan thinks about the
>> icon,
> though ;).

Looks good to me, thanks for the idea!

I have a couple of suggestions for how you could try fine-tuning it
(but they're just my thoughts, see how you feel about it):

(1) I think it'd be nice to have a bit more contrast between the
(inky) face of the T and the (shadowed) sides, so that the shape of
the actual T surface stands out more. Or perhaps you could consider
keeping the rest of the icon gray but having the T surface "inked" in
"TeXbook blue"?

(2) I understand that there's a lot of space below the T because the
slug needs to have room for descenders. However, I'd suggest moving
the T a bit lower within the overall body; although that might be less
accurate, I think it'd look better as an icon.

WDYT?

Thanks again, great work!

JK