[texworks] Windows binaries for testing

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Jun 23 23:37:08 CEST 2009

On 23 June 2009 Mojca Miklavec wrote:

 > PS: Though ... there could be an "export source to PDF" button using
 > TeX to typeset the source and then print that one out :) :) :) But
 > that's not a feature request, just a crazy idea that came to my mind
 > and I don't expect it to be implemented.

Hi Mojca,
your idea is much less crazy than you think.  I would never use any
programming language any more which depends on an IDE which does not
allow me to print the source code.  I encountered such a problem with
Microsoft Excel more than a decade ago.  It was a big pain.

An interesting approach is the LaTeX .dtx format.  The files contain
documentation as well as the source code.

However, things can be much simpler.  Suppose that the source code is
processed by a Lua script which simply removes all comment characters
and puts all uncommented lines into a verbatim environment.  Then you
can use arbitrary TeX code in your comments, like tables, graphics,
math formulas, ...  Yes, I really want this.

With a Lua engine it's pretty easy to achieve.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25