[texworks] Ubuntu packages

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 20:15:41 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've created a Launchpad team named "TeXworks" for building and
redistributing the latest TW builds. Currently available is TW for all
supported distributions (hardy LTS, intrepid, jaunty) on the three
families (amd64, i386, lpia).

With this it should be a piece of cake to install TW on Ubuntu (and
maybe Debian) without compilation. If you want to check it out head to
https://launchpad.net/~texworks and look for "Latest Builds".

If anyone out here wants to help and knows a little bit about
programming/package creation (or wants to learn as I'm doing right now
;)) feel free to join the team.

Stefan

PS: I know that there has been an attempt to do this before by Martin
Sievers. His build hasn't been updated in a while, though (and the last
build failed). Besides, his package archive only targeted the hardy
distribution (and not the newer intrepid and jaunty). Moreover, having a
dedicated TeXworks team felt like a better option than distributing the
executables via a private archive. You're welcome to join the TW team,
though ;).