[texworks] Saving file while working?

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sun May 17 17:50:06 CEST 2009

In TeXworks, there's that nice little toolbar icon to save the file (and
of course control-S).  It also appears that the file is automatically
saved every time you typeset.

I'm fanatical about saving as I go along.  So when TeXworks just
crashed, I wasn't worried since I had saved multiple times.

But when I restarted TeXworks I found I had lost over an hour of intense
work.  Looking at the file in Windows Explorer confirmed that the last
save had taken place over an hour previously.  So does TeXworks not
really save the file as you work (i.e., it saves it in some temporary
way and only writes the actual file when the program closes)?  Or was
this some fluke?  I'm using r. 291 under Vista.

David