[texworks] Syntax colouring / spelling

vext01 at gmail.com vext01 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:15:24 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 12:42:55PM +0100, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> If you don't have a "library" folder, TW will create it and copy initial
> default config files there, but if you have the folder already (possibly
> empty), it won't modify things for you.

This is my bad. I patched away the lookup path in TWUtils.cpp
accidentally. I meant to patch only the spelling path.

Sorry for the noise.

>> b) I hear people talking about a switch to enchant from hunspell. How
>> close is that switch?
>
> As I understand it, it's a pretty trivial patch on Linux/*BSD systems,
> but it won't happen on the main TW trunk until someone tackles the job
> of building/supporting enchant on Windows and OS X as well. (I'm sure
> this is possible, and it might even be simple; I just haven't had time
> to deal with it.)
>
> My guess, then, is that it won't happen soon; other things (such as
> packaging something fit to release at the same time as TL'09) will take
> priority, I think.

I was wondering if I should try to get a port in tree @ OpenBSD.

I tried a while back, but they (quite rightly) want to check hunspell
(which is also new), will not be picked up automagically by other ports.

Obviously I would not have bothered if enchant were to be substituted
tomorrow.

Thanks for your help / info Jonathan.

--

Best Regards

Edd Barrett
(Freelance software developer / technical writer / open-source developer)

http://students.dec.bmth.ac.uk/ebarrett