[texworks] ini path

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Sat Mar 21 21:49:31 CET 2009

Hi!

Stefan Löffler a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 2009-03-19 22:53, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Some tracing of file handles learned me that the file
>> texworks-portable.ini is looked for on the same path as texworks.exe
>> and  texworks.ini at the subpath tug (relative to where the binary is
>> found).
>>

> On Windows, TW shouldn't look for a texworks.ini at all. It should use
> the registry, unless you tell it not to (in which case it's up to you to
> give it a location where to look for texworks.ini). On other systems,
> texworks.ini is indeed placed in a directory TUG, which is usually not
> anywhere near the application directory but rather in the user's
> home/configuration directory, IIRC.

But there is a TUG folder with a TeXwords.ini file under the user
TeXworks folder.
This one appeared with version 271, I think; perhaps when I used a
"texworks-portable.ini" file.
>> One thing that i didn't manage to figure out is where i can configure
>> the 'paths for tex and related programs' (it seems not to be stored in
>> the ini files).
>>

> The latter is a new feature introduced in r285-r286. There, the
> portability ini was renamed to "texworks-setup.ini" and the new
> "defaultbinpaths" option was added to (pre-)configure the paths in which
> TW should look for binaries. But you can always adjust it from within
> the program by going to "Edit -> Preferences -> Typesettings".

Yesterday I updated the source (r.285-286), using Turtoise SVN Update
and I got many messages of the type:
Conflicted: C:\Documents and
Settings\Principal\Bureau\TeXworks-travail\source\trans\TeXworks_fr.ts
All of these messages were about the translation files.
Eventually I got (for example for French):
TeXworks_fr.qm
TeXworks_fr.qm.r282
TeXworks_fr.qm.r286
TeXworks_fr.ts
TeXworks_fr.ts.mine
TeXworks_fr.ts.r282
TeXworks_fr.ts.r286
What do I do with this?

Today, after the messages of Jonathan and Yihne Zhang, I updated again
(r.287), without problem.
But there is an error during compilation in TWApp.cpp(line 430): missing
; before }
Where do I put that ";"?

Is this file "texworks-setup.ini" going to replace the
"texworks-portable.ini"?
If not, how will they interact?

Thanks,

Alain