[texworks] commands

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Mar 21 00:25:47 CET 2009

Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> On 19 March 2009 Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>  > so in fact xetex is easy to configure for context (although on windows i
>  > can't find the config file for configuring engines)
>
> I don't know anything about MikTeX, but if you are using TeX Live,
> search for fmtutil.cnf.  Maybe things are slightly differnt on MikTeX,
> thus I would search for 'fmtutil' without specifying any extension.
>
> If you (maybe accidentally) ran fmtutil (instead of fmtutil-sys),
> fmtutil will use the file it finds in your HOME directory, which is
> %USERPROFILE% on Windows by default.

the proble, is not in locating where the engines live (the context
toolkit can do that itself) but more to setting it up in texworks itself
if one wants to be able use for instance texworks from a removable medium

(the solution i've chosen now is: i just adapt the ini file just before
i start texworks as part of the startup sequence; i will probaly also
make a tweak for a non writeable medium; at least i can experiment with
texworks this way)

Hans