[texworks] r285 breaks compilation on Linux

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 16 20:47:09 CET 2009

On 16 Mar 2009, at 18:28, Stefan Löffler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while I appreciate the idea behind the revision it breaks
> compilation on
> Linux. First of all you need to re-run qmake. But this only produces
> the
> file ./DefaultBinPaths.h which must be moved (and renamed) manually to
> src/DefaultBinaryPaths.h. I've attached a small patch to correct that
> problem.

Oops, sorry..... that didn't get applied tidily, did it?! Thanks for
the fix.

> BTW: Wouldn't it be prudent to check if there actually is any (binary)
> file in the directories guessed by the shell script instead of adding
> 2007/, 2008/, and 2009/ directories more or less arbitrarily?

Note that these directories should get filtered out at runtime if they
don't actually exist. Remember that this is being done at build time;
the idea is to include likely binary directories for the eventual
user's system, which may include possibilities other than what's
actually present on the build machine.

JK