[texworks] Setting search path, using (La)TeX for dvi and synctex

Stephen Moye sgmoye at me.com
Wed Sep 17 15:11:59 CEST 2008

I am, in this instance, using TeXworks on Mac OS X 10.5.5.

1. I'm trying to get TeXworks to look in:

	/usr/local/texlive/2008/bin/universal-darwin

When I click on the + to add a path ("Paths for TeX and related
programs" in TeXworks>Preferences), the resulting dialogue box shows
only visible directories. Using terminal, I tried setting the Finder
preference to show invisible files, but that had no effect on the
dialogue box. I also looked in org.tug.texworks.plist but saw nothing
promising there. Can this be done at present?

2. I can get simpdftex to work, but when I add:

	--extratexopts "synctec=1"

I get an error to the effect that --extratexopts is an unknown option.
As far as I can tell, TeXworks is finding simpdftex in /usr/texbin. Is
this right?

I am coming very much to like TeXworks, and look forward to it
becoming a very valuable tool in the TeX toolbox.

Stephen Moye