[texworks] More ideas: bookmarks

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 20:57:59 CEST 2008

Dave Crossland wrote:
> 2008/9/3 Joseph Wright <joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk>:
>> I've been keeping an eye on the features of my current editor that I
>> miss in TeXworks.  I've mentioned a few things, but I notice I missed
>> out the ability to bookmark lines.  In long files, being able to quickly
>> flick between different places is very handy.  Would this be useful in
>> TeXworks?  I find it more useful than any kind of tree view.
>
> Perhaps this could be an extension of having 'synctex' style linkage
> between the PDF bookmarks (often displayed as a tree in a left hand
> side pane in PDF viewers) and the .ltx source.

In my usual sources (DTX files) I don't have any PDF bookmarks near
where I need to be.  Hence I want something marking the source.  Note
this is dynamic - I'm not bothered about saving the bookmarks between
sessions.
--
Joseph Wright          Tel.   01604 810094
Morning Star           Mobile 07974 148180