[texworks] Compile Error on Fedora 9 with hunspell

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Tue Aug 19 21:25:44 CEST 2008

On 19 Aug 2008, at 8:06 PM, Dave Crossland wrote:

>>> src/TWUtils.h:31:31: error: hunspell/hunspell.h: No such file or
>>> directory
>>
>> Hmmm. I guess that means Debian puts hunspell.h directly into /usr/
>> include rather than into a /usr/include/hunspell subdir, does it? OK,
>> I've adjusted the #include paths so I think you have a better chance
>> (see rev 128).
>
> $ ls /usr/include/hunspell/
> affentry.hxx   csutil.hxx       htmlparser.hxx  latexparser.hxx
> affixmgr.hxx   dictmgr.hxx      htypes.hxx      manparser.hxx
> atypes.hxx     firstparser.hxx  hunspell.hxx    suggestmgr.hxx
> baseaffix.hxx  hashmgr.hxx      langnum.hxx     textparser.hxx
> $

Hmmm.... only .hxx files there, no hunspell.h. On Ubuntu, I have

$ ls /usr/include/hunspell/
affentry.hxx  atypes.hxx     csutil.hxx   hashmgr.hxx  hunspell.h
langnum.hxx
affixmgr.hxx  baseaffix.hxx  dictmgr.hxx  htypes.hxx   hunspell.hxx
suggestmgr.hxx
$

Looks like the hunspell versions must be a bit different, but more
importantly you don't have the C header (.h file) in /usr/include/
hunspell. Is that found in /usr/include, by any chance?

JK