[texworks] Compile Error on Fedora 9 with hunspell

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Aug 19 21:06:08 CEST 2008

2008/8/19 Jonathan Kew <jonathan at jfkew.plus.com>:
> On 19 Aug 2008, at 6:21 PM, Dave Crossland wrote:
>
> However, if things get busy, I'll hand it all to you to keep
> updating! :-)

I'll do what I can :-)

>> Debian:
>>
>> # aptitude install build-essential qt4-dev-tools qt4-qtconfig
>> qt4-designer qt4-doc popplerkit.framework poppler-utils
>> libhunspell-dev hunspell hunspell-dictionary-en-gb  freetype
>> freetype-tools freetype2-demos freetype1-dev freetype1-tools
>> fontconfig fontconfig-config zlib1 zlib1g zlib1-dev zlib1g-dev
>> zlib-bin svn
>
> I'm surprised to see freetype1-* there. And various of the -tools,
> too: are they actually needed to build TW?

I just hazarded a guess based on the documentation on the project
homepage at the moment... Once it build on Debian, I can see about
removing them and rebuilding :-)

>> src/TWUtils.h:31:31: error: hunspell/hunspell.h: No such file or
>> directory
>
> Hmmm. I guess that means Debian puts hunspell.h directly into /usr/
> include rather than into a /usr/include/hunspell subdir, does it? OK,
> I've adjusted the #include paths so I think you have a better chance
> (see rev 128).

$ ls /usr/include/hunspell/
affentry.hxx   csutil.hxx       htmlparser.hxx  latexparser.hxx
affixmgr.hxx   dictmgr.hxx      htypes.hxx      manparser.hxx
atypes.hxx     firstparser.hxx  hunspell.hxx    suggestmgr.hxx
baseaffix.hxx  hashmgr.hxx      langnum.hxx     textparser.hxx
$

> BTW, for Ubuntu there may already be a package available

Great! :-)

> I don't know how easily this work could be recycled for Debian, but
> AFAIK many packages are built to work on both.

AIUI, basically Ubuntu is Debian testing with some polish, so yes :-)

--
Regards,
Dave