[texworks] new snapshots posted (Mac & Win)

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Tue Aug 19 17:54:58 CEST 2008

On 19 Aug 2008, at 4:30 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 19 août 08 à 17:03, Jonathan Kew a écrit :
>
>> For those on Mac OS X and Windows, and not wishing to compile from
>> source, there are new snapshots (svn r.127) available on http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list
>
> It seems the font/size pref for the source window is now taken into
> account on the Mac. That's great!

Yes, that was fixed a little while ago.

(I'm not currently doing "release notes" as these aren't really
releases! For details of changes since the previous snapshots, you
could look at the "Issues" to see what's marked as fixed, and/or scan
through the commit messages in the Changes tab of the Google Code
source view. In particular, r110 is noted as "make editor windows
default to font specified in preferences".)

> Just one thing: compared with the other front ends I'm used to
> (Textures and TeXShop), the output in the preview window is thinner
> (ie the glyphs are thinner), and I suspect a day of work TeXing would
> make my eyes a bit tearful in the evening. I imagine that's because of
> different anti-aliasing with Poppler or Qt compared with PDFKit (for
> which the settings are probably taken from System Prefs > Appearance >
> Font Smoothing Style).
>
> Is there a way to alter anti-aliasing for Poppler (by setting a hidden
> pref maybe), such that Computer Modern glyphs looks thicker, pretty
> much the same as with PDFKit?

There's no such "hidden pref" for you to adjust at the moment, but
I'll have a look at what options Poppler and Freetype may have;
perhaps we can offer some way to control this in future.

JK