[texworks] new snapshots posted (Mac & Win)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Aug 19 17:30:20 CEST 2008

Le 19 août 08 à 17:03, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> For those on Mac OS X and Windows, and not wishing to compile from
> source, there are new snapshots (svn r.127) available on http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list

It seems the font/size pref for the source window is now taken into
account on the Mac. That's great!

Given I'm not doing any TeXing right now, there's not much I can
report unfortunately.

Just one thing: compared with the other front ends I'm used to
(Textures and TeXShop), the output in the preview window is thinner
(ie the glyphs are thinner), and I suspect a day of work TeXing would
make my eyes a bit tearful in the evening. I imagine that's because of
different anti-aliasing with Poppler or Qt compared with PDFKit (for
which the settings are probably taken from System Prefs > Appearance >
Font Smoothing Style).

Is there a way to alter anti-aliasing for Poppler (by setting a hidden
pref maybe), such that Computer Modern glyphs looks thicker, pretty
much the same as with PDFKit?

Bruno Voisin