[texshop] feature request: show ASCII control chars

G. M.-S. lists.gms at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 23:17:49 CET 2023

Hi Dick.

First of all, thanks for creating and taking care of TeXShop.

I have a feature request:  Sometimes I manage to enter an invisible "bad "
char (ASCII 0–31 or 127).  Would it be possible to show them?  They could
appear as *¿* for example.  Currently only newlines and tabs can be shown
explicitly (and they are not "bad" in general).

I am aware that with Unicode the possibilities would be endless, that is
why I am only asking about ASCII non printing chars.

Best,

Guillermo