[texshop] Error which I don't understand

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sun Sep 25 18:08:16 CEST 2022

lipo is software, part of Apple’s Developer Tools, that combines codes compiled for ARM and Intel processors into a universal binary, or conversely separates universal code into architecture-specific binaries.

I can’t see how running biber would cause lipo to be called. I think though that biber is not compiled by Dick; instead, the binary is compiled directly by biber’s author and the resulting binary sent to Dick for direct inclusion into MacTeX.

"file biber" would tell you which architecture(s) the biber binary is compiled for. But I don’t remember whether "file" is part of macOS or requires Xcode or the Command Line Tools. And I don’t have my Mac at hand to check.

Bruno Voisin

Envoyé de mon iPhone