[texshop] Synctex and component files

Alan C. Bowen bowen at ircps.org
Thu Oct 13 18:56:17 CEST 2022

I have been trying to get Synctex to work with a ConText structure of product and component files using
% !TEX useAlternatePath
% !TEX useConTeXtSyncParser
\setupsynctex[state=start, method=max]
and the various preference settings for the Sync Method in the Typesetting menu. This works  when I typeset a single source file but, so far, I have had no luck no matter whether theses lines are in the product file or in the component source files. Is there a way to get syncing with source files structured in this way? I have checked the files that come with TeXShop itself and did not see an answer there.

Alan Bowen