[texshop] Very strange bug while using TeXShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sat Nov 12 03:26:36 CET 2022

A very strange bug just appeared while using TeXShop. This is with the latest TeXShop (5.03) and beta macOS (13.1 Beta 2). I don't know whether this beta macOS is the reason for the bug.

Here's the thing: I opened TeXShop, went to File > New to open a new window, pasted inside the TeX code I was willing to Typeset, then went to File > Save to save this to a file.

The problem is, nothing happens then: no file saving dialog, nothing. I tried pressing the Alt key to be offered Save As: same result. The window keeps it Untitled name, close to it there's "Edited" next to a small downward-facing chevron which doesn't present any contextual menu though. Doing a Cmd-Click on the window name, no pull-down menu appears showing the path to the file on the disk.